£20,652 per annum plus benefits
The Natural History Museum is one of the world’s leading museums, internationally recognised for its dual role as a centre of excellence in scientific research and as a leader in the presentation of natural history through exhibitions, public programmes, publications and the web.
The Retail department is the main income based contributor to the Natural History Museum and there are exciting opportunities within the near future to grow the business to a higher level. The Retail department generates an income in excess of £8million and is expected to increase significantly over the next 4 years.
The Visual Merchandiser will work closely with both the Front of House and Central team to deliver the highest standard of visual presentation. This role is responsible for all aspects of product placement and display on the shop floor, whilst actively promoting the NHM brand and reputation. The Visual Merchandiser will support the team to achieve sales targets and relevant KPIs through their excellent visual merchandising standards and customer service levels and by leading product based training sessions.
Based at South Kensington, the Visual Merchandiser may from time to time be required to travel and work within off-site ventures. The Visual Merchandiser reports directly to the Retail Operations Manager and will work closely with the General Manager, Retail Store Managers, and Retail Supervisors.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following in your online application form.
1. Proven experience in a Retail Visual Merchandising role within a highly commercial, fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
2. Evidence of increasing sales through in-store displays, presentations and product placement.
3. Ability to analyse and interpret sales data, using this to plan visual moves, presentation displays and in-range product layout.
4. Evidence of forecasting key calendar events and building presentations to reflect and drive sales.
5. Proven record of self-managing and ability to work independently whilst working within a team environment.
6. Quickly builds rapport and networks with individuals and groups and actively maintains good working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
7. Organises work and strategic projects and manages time effectively.
8. Strong experience of training and coaching staff in visual merchandising principles
9. Ability to introduce change positively on the shop floor
10. Advanced knowledge of key MS Office business applications
11. Ability to use appropriate software to plan shop layouts, or evidence of being able to familiarise yourself with new software quickly
12. Experience of producing and designing in store POS materials, and familiarity with appropriate software, and/or working with marketing teams to produce the same
For a full job description and to submit an application, please visit the Natural History Museum website.