AIG Global Capital Markets is looking for an analyst candidate to join its team in London. AIG’s Global Capital Markets team is responsible for executing and managing AIG’s Derivative, Foreign Exchange, Short Term Investment, and Finance Trading activities. The Global Capital Markets team manages numerous processes and complex programs. This person will work on various initiatives related to these programs, as well as all the products handled by AIG Asset Management team. In addition to local coordination, the candidate will have significant interaction with the GCM team based in the US.
• Integrate with, understand and support all GCM activity in London. Provide trading desk support for trading activities including Interest Rate, FX and credit derivative, short term investing and any ad hoc projects
• Act as an interface with technology, operations, accounting and legal departments to ensure smooth, effective and efficient support is provided to the business.
• This role supports a growing global business. The group supports a broad spectrum of products including short term investment, finance trading, and OTC derivative markets: Fixed Income, Credit and Foreign Exchange. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to add positive value in a dynamic, global environment.
• There is considerable variety in the brief, spanning business interface, IT, systems development, operations and control.• Long term career opportunities are rife for a talented individual, and the role is challenging with enormous development potential.
• The scope to instigate and manage change and to make a significant contribution to the success and development of the Group will be attractive to the kind of individual we seek.
The ideal candidate will have zero to two years’ experience with a good understanding of derivatives. Applicants must demonstrate an understanding of the required controls within a trading and support environment. The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Knowledge of derivatives,
• Strong technical skills and the ability to understand new products, coupled with business acumen
• The ability to forge strong relationships both within and outside the immediate team
• Change orientated and quick to react to change
• A good grasp of information technology and its uses and limitations within a business context
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Oracle database, SQL basic understanding and ability to write Excel Macros is necessary.
• A team player with both strong communication and writing skills.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.