- Lead and deliver strategic Product plans to grow the GTRF Business
- Ensure adherence to governance and compliance requirements
- Drive and deliver customer base growth, achieve growth targets, maximise the financial contribution and instil the discipline to deploy capital effectively
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Business Development, HSBC Operating Services and Technologies (HOST), Business Portfolio Risk Management, Risk and Compliance, GTRF Services and Transaction Risk Management
- Act as a GTRF champion to ensure that key objectives are prioritised appropriately within CMB & GBM
- Develop and communicate a clear vision for the GTRF Business that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture.
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and taking prompt action to address any activities and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC’s diversity policy and, or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Lead the continuing development, implementation and improvement of the processes, structures, capabilities, capacity and infrastructure needed to deliver agreed plans and targets, collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain a robust and efficient control environment across GTRF to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of a global management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Lead the implementation and oversight of GTRF policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Structured Commodity Finance products like Pre-export Finance, Warehouse Finance, Borrowing Base and other structured products including traditional trade products
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Global, Specialised Commodity focused bank
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Proven experience of motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results
- Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Experience of making timely and rational decisions, based on relevant information and experience
- Dealt effectively with highly complex commercial information and business challenges to create strategic business plans which effectively deliver results
- A successful track record of leading significant and complex business programmes, overcoming challenges to consistently meet, exceed objectives
- A broad understanding of financial budgets, statements, models, with experience of analysing data effectively for planning, forecasting and reporting
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own, others’ compliance with relevant regulatory processes
- Successfully engaged customers to understand their needs and identify sales, service opportunities
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
: Commercial Banking
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Day Job