Aerospace & MRO Advisory
ICF’s Aerospace & MRO Practice is currently seeking an Aerospace & MRO Practice Consultant, ideally to be based in our New York office. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a background in the areas of consulting, market analysis, business planning or related functions, and/or finance, with relevant experience in aerospace & MRO, and/or other aviation sectors. The position typically requires a candidate with a Master’s degree, strong analytical and presentation capabilities and proven project management capability.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- The collection and synthesis of financial, economic, market and business intelligence
- The creation of spreadsheet models, financial models, databases, statistical analyses, and graphical presentations
- Project management of client and/or internally-driven initiatives to include monitoring budget, timeline, and scope
- Collaborate with senior colleagues for business development efforts and proposal development support
- Preparation of high quality client deliverables (typically an MS PowerPoint or MS Word report)
- Participate as a member of a consulting team on client projects, which typically include developing detailed business plans, forecasting and market models, and other quantitative analyses, as well as developing client commercial strategies
- Structure and manage assignments, including outlining and drafting key deliverables, defining analyses, directing teams of analysts and associates, and taking responsibility for preparing client-ready final work product
Intellectual Capital Development/Update:
- Support updating of market intelligence/research databases
- Support Intellectual Property development projects as directed
- Support corporate growth initiatives, such as the development of intellectual capital, white papers, conference attendance, or marketing materials
- Support internal discussions and analyses to develop firm-wide perspectives
- Establish and maintain good relationships with manager counterparts at client organizations
- Attend industry conferences for networking, new business development, and delivering speeches
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing projects at target accounts
- Work closely with vice presidents and principals to support new business development initiatives and identify opportunities to enhance existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Engineering, Finance or related subject
- 8+ years overall experience of which 6+ years experience must be in corporate strategy, commercial/business planning, market analysis, operations or related discipline
- Experience in managing analytically-focused projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to travel
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Demonstrated expertise in global aerospace or aviation-related markets
About ICF’s Aviation Consulting & Services Practice
ICF Aviation offers multidisciplinary expertise to develop practical, independent, objective solutions for critical issues facing airports, airlines, leasing companies, airframe and component/engine manufacturers, service suppliers, financial institutions, governments, international agencies, and related industries across the globe.
As the world’s largest consultancy specializing in aviation, ICF has performed more than 10,000 assignments in all parts of the world during its more than 50-year history. This experience and track record demonstrates that ICF professionals have a unique depth of understanding of the challenges facing the industry and positions the firm to offer better insights and solutions than any other consulting firm.
Founded as SH&E in 1963 by former airline executives, the company quickly became a leader in aviation advisory services. In 2007, SH&E joined ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI)—a 5,000 employee strong company delivering professional services and technology solutions—and in 2011, ICF subsequently acquired the leading aerospace consultancy, AeroStrategy.
ICF Aviation has a staff of around 85 professionals focused exclusively on aviation based in full-service offices in London, New York, Beijing, and Boston, as well as a network of associates in all major world regions. Together, with our parent company ICF International, we have more than 65 office locations.
ICF Aviation’s diversified client base and broad aviation work provide our clients a well-rounded understanding of the industry from different perspectives. Over the years, ICF has been involved in major developments that have shaped the future of the aviation industry, including shaping the world’s alliances through our network planning capabilities; transaction support of the largest deals in airports, aerospace, and airlines; and support for the finance community in valuations of more complex assets including spares parts, slots, as well as aircraft. Our direct participation in current industry developments and emerging trends equips us to assist you in quickly adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
ICF’s aviation experts are structured in four specialized practices—Airlines, Airports, Aircraft, and Aerospace & MRO, which collaborate regularly with each other and our clients, providing innovation and efficiencies within and across practice lines and doing whatever it takes to address any business challenge.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)